the sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, and the Nats will take to the field for the 1st of 162 times today. It's going to be a cold, damp Opening Day, but that's not going to keep Capitol Baseball from the Park. We hope to see you there!
We're excited to see the story lines for 2011 finally begin to evolve. Let's bullet point some main ones that we expect to see in 2011.
- How will the young players development continue?
- Will the numerous veteran's on the 25-man be able to stay healthy?
- Will Ian Desmond improve defensively?
- How will Jordan Zimmermann's elbow hold up to the rigors of a full (albeit inning-limited) season?
- Can Ryan Zimmerman stay healthy after a few quirky injuries during Spring Training?
- Will we see Stephen Strasburg this September? What about Bryce Harper?
- Will Livan Hernandez remain a statistical anomaly and stay off the DL for another season?
- Can Jason Marquis recover from the worst season of his career and return to All-Star form?
- Can Michael Morse keep his outrageous pace from Spring Training?
- How long will Pudge remain the starting catcher with Flores and Norris making progress in the minors?
- Who will be the first bullpen guy to go? And can Storen recover from a lackluster spring?
- Can the 2011 Nats achieve a .500 record?
What about you, loyal readers? What's the story line you look forward to most in 2011? Is it one we provided or do you have your own? Hit the comments!